Deadline for applications – 01/02/2019
Academic Hall of the Vatican Institute of Sacred Music,
Piazza San Agostino 20 A, Rome
The competition is open to instrumentalists and singers of any nationality without age limits; soloists or groups.
Art. 2 Sections
- Keyboard Instruments: piano, organ, harpsichord, synthesizer, accordion, etc. (soloists, assembles for 4 hands, two pianos, student – teacher)
- Strings: classic, folk, modern (soloists, duo, trio, groups)
- Wind Instruments: classic, folk, modern (soloists, duo, trio, groups)
- Percussions and plucked instruments: classic, folk, modern (soloists, duo, trio, groups)
- Singing- art, folk, modern (soloists, duo, trio, groups, choruses)
- Chamber and orchestral music: classic, folk, modern (duo, trio, groups)
Art. 3 Category and program
Categories for soloists e duets (Age on the beginning of the competition)
- Category «First notes»: up to 8 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 5 minutes
- Category A : 9 – 10 years old – Free program with a maximum duration of 8 minutes
- Category B : 11 – 13 years old free program with a maximum duration of 10 minutes
- Category C : 14 – 16 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 10 minutes
- Category D: 17 – 19 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 15minutes
- Category E: 20 – 27 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 15 minutes
- Category F: from 28 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 15 minutes
Categories for groups
- Category G : up to 10 years old- free program with a maximum duration of 10 minutes
- Category H: 11 – 16 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 10 minutes
- Category L : 17 – 19 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 15 minutes
- Category M: from 20 years old – free program with a maximum duration of 15 minutes
It will be considered the average age of the group members.
Art. 4 Financial contribution
- Soloists of Cat. Free – 50 €
- Soloists of Cat. A – 60 €
- Soloists of Cat. B, C – 70
- Soloists of Cat. D, E, F – 80 €
- Duets and groups of Cat. First notes, A, B, C, G, H – 30 € for each member of the group but not more than 240 € for the group.
- Duets and groups of Cat. D, E, F, L, M – 40 € for each member of the group but not more than 320 € for the group.
The financial contribution for the competition should be made by the bank transfer on Current Account:
FRIULOVEST BANCA CREDITO COOPERATIVO
SAN GIORGIO DELLA RICHINVELDA, Italy
Code IBAN: IT 96 X 08805 65020 014000009691
RECIPIENT: Associazione Culturale “Melos”
CASUAL: indicate Name of candidate–Instrument –Category
One group of competitors can pay with one bank transfer indicated as a Purpose of payment names, section and category of all participants.
Money transfers by Pay Pall to email@example.com are accepted from the competitors outside the Euro zone.
All the charges and commissions of all banks and of Pay Pall should be borne by the competitor. If Pay Pall doesn’t show its commission it exist in any way and one should pay 5 Euros more than the sum of the financial contribution.
Upon receipt of an incomplete financial contribution or video that does not meet the competition requirements, the competitor is not allowed to participate in the competition.
The financial contribution is non refundable
Art. 5 Application
- An application form should be filled in with lowercase letters (don’t write all in capital letters!) In Word format in English.
- An admission form should be filled in using Word format, printed, signed and scanned in PDF or JPEG format. For groups – only one application form should be filled in for all members of the group creating a common list with the data of each contestant and the signature of each of them.
- Scanned passport or birth certificate
For groups – the list of participants with their birth dates signed and sealed by the institution administration.
4. Scanned receipt of financial contribution for the competition
Application form in Word format accompanied by admission form in PDF or JPEG, identification document and the receipt of payment of the financial contribution, should be sent from the site www.ac-melos.com. Wait for the confirmation of sending.
Art. 6 Jury, scores, rewarding
The jury consists of professors of Rome conservatory “Santa Cecilia”, prominent international musicians. The jury’s decision is final and non appealable.
Final score is derived as the sum of the arithmetic average of the scores of all the judges on a 100- point scale.
DIPLOMA OF GRAND PRIZE –100/100. It is one in every category.
DIPLOMA OF FIRST PRIZE – from 90 to 99 points.
DIPLOMA OF SECOND PRIZE – from 80 to 89 points.
DIPLOMA OF THIRD PRIZE – from 70 to 79 points.
DIPLOMA OF PARTICIPATION – to all the other participants
The jury has the right to award an unlimited number of prizes in each category.
Honorable Diploma – to all teachers.
Taking part in the web competition, the competitors automatically waives the right to financial compensation for the publication and distribution of photos and music video recordings on CD, DVD or in Internet.
Registration to the competition implies knowledge and unconditional acceptance of the rules herein.
Each candidate consent the Cultural Association “Melos” to the storage and processing of personal data received by the Association of Culture “Melos”, pursuant to Articles 11 and 13 of Law 675/96 and subsequent amendments of D.L. 196/2003 of the Italian Civil Code in relation to the information provided. In particular, consent is given to the processing of personal data for the realization of the institutional aims of the Association, to the use of video and photos of the competitor to be posted on YouTube and on the website of the Association www.ac-melos.com
In case of contestations, the Italian text will be legally binding.